Sunday, June 29, 2014

Council Camp 2014!

About two thirds of the holidays were eaten up by SPSU and council. BUT NO REGRETS AT ALL. Holidays is not about touching homework. I've slogged a good share for my exams so I don't wanna touch any kind of school work during the holidays as far as possible.

Whole of first week was taken up by the interview and then spring cleaning on Friday. The second week was my only non-school related activities week but went to see the doctor, helped out in VBS, went back school twice to sign some documents. So only was left about 2-3 days spent nua-ing at home. OH MYYYYY. I didn't get to bake. So sad. Then the third week was council camp and then acer training. So drained, honestly. But feeling really great.

Some nice pictures I managed to dig out.


Second day in the morning. Racoon circle was a really fun game. Did outdoor cooking and managed to light a fire with a flint striker. During the practice round it took me sooooo long to do it man. Even after when Ray helped me so much, I still couldn't light the flame and he started bursting into laughter. BUT, I still managed to light a fire after much help from Ray ya. HAHAHAHAHA. Then later there was this light fire competition which required two guys and two girls. But apparently the girls in my group couldn't start a fire at all during the practice session so they sent me. CRAZYYYY. I managed to start a fire cause Ray helped me a little. All by my own?! LOL. Maybe even 1h later you'll still see me scraping off the magnesium off the stick man. BUT HEY I DID IT THIS TIME WITHOUT THE HELP OF ANYONE AFTER 10 MINUTES INTO THE COMPETITION!! Round of applause for HuiEn please. Some guys couldn't even do it. :P -proud show off moment-


First paintball experience! Didn't get shot by any pellets. -victory hand sign-


13, also known as one cube OR one cute. HAHAHAHA. Group shot before we sent our team in for the final stage. AND WE WON YAR. Played twice and I managed to no get shot during those two games. Yayyy.
Went water trekking and water abseiling for the third day. Wasn't the first time I did water trekking but this time was slightly different from the other time I did it in sec 3 at Kota Tinggi. This time we were trekking up a lake(?) There were times we had to climb up rocks and even did bouldering. The guys were really nice to make sure all the girls were fine and alright. Special shout out to Amir, Benji and Matin for constantly keeping a look out for me. Thank you guys!
Now, water abseiling was something I have never attempted before in my whole life. BUT COME ON, there's the word "water" there. Should be really fun yeah. When I first saw the two waterfall routes I went... Oh my gosh... how am I gonna do this man. The route with more water was obviously more slippery. But the other route was as good as a tangent line going up vertically. It was that steep.
Victory shot with Jingyee's GoPro after I conquered the waterfall behind me! Trust me to say that the waterfall was much much steeper in real life. Probably it is due to the wide lens on the Go Pro that made it look so gentle. When you look up directly from the bottom of the waterfall, no joke man I tell you. Went up feeling nervous and excited but enjoyed the whole process. Any idea how much I love these kind of adventurous stuffs even though I may look weak or complain at the slightest dirty? HAHAHAHA.
Since our group was the first one to start hence first to finish, we had a suuuuuper long break. Reached back the campsite at 345 but they said dinner would be served at 630. We had the luxury to take our time and slowly bathe, rinse our dirty clothes, had two rounds of ice cream and even sit down in a circle and chit chat, talking about our lives AND TAKE A GREAT NAP. Then at 630 they said that the other groups were not quite done yet and dinner wasn't quite ready yet so it was adjourned to 730. More break time! Arguably one of the best days in camp cause we were really comfortable with each other already and we had so much break time as a group that we were able to talk to each other in a not so formal setting cause all of us were lying down in a circle.
 It was totally unplanned when we all wore Doneska shirts together. Therefore, a picture together is a must.
 4am prank on the males to carry on the council tradition. Went full force all out on Terry Daddy when I decided to give him a full powder bath from literally head to toe. So much prickly heat that I think I finished whatever was left in Natalyn's bottle on him... which was probably one third of the whole bottle.
STRYKERS FROM COUNCIL CAMP!
 Bus on the way for lunch en route Singapore!
 
 The group who opted for malay hawker food instead of Mary Brown's. 
 And on the way back to Singapore, the last few moments together.

Apparently my group love to make fun of my voice cause they think it's really high pitched, so much so until Amir influenced the bus to do it too. What a great leader yar. Do you sense the sarcasm there. But more annoyingly cause Amir was sitting behind me, so he and Haiqal mimicked what ever I said. Haiyooooo. Annoying, but I love you abangs still.

Also special shout out to all the different people who offered to do the dishes for me after every single meal even though I declined your help but you all still snatched my plate and cutlery away replying me that “这种事是给男人做的。” Bringing gentlemanliness to a whole new level. I would say even more than the guys in SPSU even though SPSU guys are great too.
Have learnt a lot from the camp even though I was greatly disappointed in the beginning that we weren't going Telunas and it wasn't going to be a retreat but an adventure camp instead. But it was a really enriching experience there because I was able to look at how the seniors lead and get to see how different kind of leadership styles work with a different group of people. And really, they are one bunch of thinking people... something I have to learn to do more. It got me thinking how can someone be so good a leader that by just through stepping up and taking lead, everyone just follows suit. What is that something in him that makes people willingly or even want to be led by him?
And another more significant takeaway from the camp was me was to be appreciative of even the littlest things that people do for you. Even though the service you buy from others may not be of good quality or people are paid to do a certain job for you, it is still good to be appreciative to whoever that does the job for you, even if it may be just a simple thank you return.
Got to know a lot more people and the camp really bonded us a lot. Glad to have met each and everyone of you all. No doubt this was one of the best camp I have attended so far because of every single one of you guys who decided to attend the camp, especially Strykers and One Cube. It was just different from every other school camps because usually the group would take at the very least a whole day to get comfortable with each other. But we synergised so well that it only took us one game together to get us warmed up with each other.
And lastly, here's to much more 55th moments with you guys. ♥

No comments: