Saturday, November 15, 2014

Baby steps.

Even though it seems like school just started but believe it or not, project submissions are due very soon and then before you know it, after all those crazy presentations, mid sem tests comes right up, straight after our submissions. -cries-

Financial Analysis and Management. The textbook they make us buy is so thick and heavy. Every time you see me doing my FAM tutorials at home, I have to use both my textbook and lecture notes. But the thing is, you see, my table is too small to have my textbook, lecture notes and foolscap all opened up in front of me. So I have to place my textbook on my laps. But because I take so long to do my FAM tutorials, and the textbook is so heavy, my laps always get numb when I do my FAM tutorials halfway. That's why I detest doing FAM tutorials so much. To make things worse, I probably only understand 10-20% of the whole syllabus that has been taught so far. How far is MSTs away again? 2 weeks.

Economic Analysis. Every time I talk about this, I can't help but regret taking up this Advance Module. Not like it's gonna give me an advance standing in my university education. It just helps me to be ahead of my peers should I decide to continue with my Business studies in university. If I didn't take up this module, I would have my Mondays ending at 1pm instead of 5pm. Wow Hui En. ECAN is by far the most challenging economic-based module I have taken up. So many new terminologies, theories and graphs. But I'm coping alright. I hope...

Consumer Psychology. It feels like Fundamentals of Marketing ALL.OVER.AGAIN. It is like the levelled up version of FOM because it teaches us to understand the buying behaviour of consumers. But either way, both modules wants us to come up with marketing strategies. I got quite badly scarred by FOM. It just takes one 6 module credits to mess up your GPA and then you get less than a 3.9 wow. CP this sem is 4 credits but still, I can still see the shadows of FOM. Halp.

Global Business Environment. When you first listen to the lectures you'll think that it's nothing much. All pretty much common sense, if not general knowledge in the business environment globally, duh. But then you will realise soon enough that all your initial thoughts were the biggest mistake in your semester because NO, GBE isn't a bed of roses. The project work forces you to read so much. It's as though the lecture notes is at primary school level but the project wants a baccalaureate level from you. And don't get me started on the tutorials because at the final exam, we'll be having a written paper that's gonna constitute 50% of the overall grade. How you'd study and answer the questions in the paper would be safe to say it's as similar as studying and taking your human geog paper. I'm so done with this module...

Fundamentals of Electronic Business. Wow, finally a project based module that doesn't sound so intimidating... until you realise that you'd be taking up a 30% heavy written paper at the end of the semester. That means everything from day 1 will be tested. It's a whole different story if they are gonna give it to you as a mid sem test instead.

Business Law. Probably the most useful module I'lll ever take so far. But it's really tough. So much reading up. And the way you got to answer your questions have to sound really professional. It's as though writing a mini argumentative essay by answering every single questions in your tutorial. And you know, the thing I hate most is reading, and the thing I'm bad at most is writing. Lol HuiEn  what should you do with your life.

Social Innovation Project. Must I elaborate further? A 2 credits module that makes you spend more time on it than a 6 credits module. And if you mess up your SIP, it messes up your GPA cause it keeps you from that perfect 4, period.

I am evidently struggling this semester to keep up with my studies. Have less than 10% knowledge of what I am supposed to know for this upcoming MSTs. LOL. This is really bad. Must maintain my GPA. It wasn't easy to pull up my GPA last sem. I can't afford to let it go down this semester. Oh the stress.

School aside, finally visited On The Table with brother recently. Ordered their double scoop ice cream + waffles. Pistachio and earl grey. I took iced Chai latte while brother had the non ice one. HAHAHA. But I would say that the non ice one is nicer than the iced one.



Finished our waffles and soon got tempted by the cakes so....


It was basically sponge cake with lychee buttercream and roasted pistachios.


A mandatory narcissistic photo of a classic pose before I end this entry.

No comments: