Saturday, January 17, 2015

O Jesus, I have promised.

YF turns 34!

Well, while I was doing my recounts of 2014 to come up with my entry on the 31st of December, I read through every entries I posted in that year and to recall and reminiscence of the year. And this particular entry seemed to have been etched in my heart.

A part of this entry asked "Would I still be seated here again the same day next year to celebrate another year of God's providence for the YF on it's 34th anniversary?"

And in that very same entry, I answered ''I pray and hope that I would."

Call it a promise to God, but it was this very still little small voice that kept asking me if I would be still found in the presence of God's people even on the 34th anniversary of YF. And I thank God that He has helped me to keep my promise to him and brought me back even as we commemorated 34 years of God's faithfulness and providence for CPYF.

And as I prepared to go to YF today, I hummed to this hymn:

O Jesus, I have promised
  To serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me,
  My Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle
  If Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway
  If Thou wilt be my Guide.
 
Oh, let me feel Thee near me;
  The world is ever near;
I see the sights that dazzle,
  The tempting sounds I hear;
My foes are ever near me,
  Around me and within;
But, Jesus, draw Thou nearer,
  And shield my soul from sin.
 
Oh, let me hear Thee speaking,
  In accents clear and still,
Above the storms of passion,
  The murmurs of self-will;
Oh, speak to reassure me,
  To hasten, or control;
Oh, speak, and make me listen,
  Thou Guardian of my soul.
 
O Jesus, Thou hast promised
  To all who follow Thee
That where Thou art in glory
  There shall Thy servant be;
And Jesus, I have promised
  To serve Thee to the end;
Oh, give me grace to follow,
  My Master and my Friend.

So I can now answer that yes, I was around to celebrate another year of God's providence to CPYF. And God willing, may He bring me to see the 35th.

No comments: