Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Good Report

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Hebrews 11:1-2                                  

Time spent at church camps are always one of the most blessed times.

Finished YF Camp just a few days back. Thank God I was able to not attend some SPOH trainings in exchange for 1.5 days more in camp. And glad that I was given the courage to speak up, and told the officers that I had a camp to attend, and thankful that they were alright with it.

Well, was a little nervous when I checked in at the second night while they were all having their dinner. The moment I stood at the fellowship hall, where they were all at, I took a quick scan only to realised that I don't know about half of the faces there. It was quite a horrifying thing to learn that it was partially because I wasn't active in church activities the whole year and when new people joined us, I wouldn't know who they were. So much so till even they new people thought I was newer than them. And I have to say I was rather ashamed of myself for that fact.


Snapped a batch photo straight away when they found me. Feels good to be back where I am supposed to be...

Really glad to see Ethan back in Singapore anyway!

Outing on Wednesday. We were actually supposed to have an amazing race around Chinese Garden but it was raining so heavily that we could only do our activities in one small pavilion. But really thankful for the rain though... Cause lazy HuiEn doesn't like anything that involves running. Hehehe.




The girls from Samson reporting in full strength!


So then we move on to Day 4 of camp. Water games.





Day 5. The last night in camp...



Proud green tea ambassador but I wasn't ready for the camera...


Surprise night outing after Testimony Night at WCP!


Absolutely love how the night sky turned out with Luke's camera lenses. No filter needed.


Rewarded ourselves with Macs after we were done with all the station games/objective lessons!

So apparently the camp comm couldn't get us a bus ride back at 2 am in the morning. So we had to walk back all the way from WCP to CPBPC. Initially I was walking somewhere in the middle, but apparently cause I was walking so slow so I had the rest to overtake me.


Ended up being the last few who were making their way back to church. And I was the one responsible for it cause the other older people who were with me were all following my pace. Hehehe. Really not good at walking fast when it comes to long distances... It was a good 1h walk, as well as a good 1h chat with the group of people I was with. When we were at the reservoir, Gordon was like "ey can walk faster a bit or not?" Then I replied him "aiya you can overtake us if you want." Then the guys replied "cannot, what if you all suddenly disappear how?" Snapped this while we were at the HDB carpark near CSS. Thank you Carissa, Joy, Gordon and Lemuel for walking at my pace.


Finally reached church and so it was already officially 20th December, Day 6 of camp. Blow some candles brother.

Stayed up the whole night morning from 3am till 10am playing mafia and bang.


Weiern and the borrowed pink jacket. I cannot. THIS WAS JUST TOO FUNNY. "What? It's just a jacket and I'm just cold..." This picture would finally probably stop my brother from always saying that "Weiern looks like a guy who walked out from a Korean drama".


The crew who survived to see the sunrise!

And finally, I'm just really glad I stuck to my initial stand to attend YF, because there was a week before the camp and I was hesitating if I should actually spend so much time at YF camp or not? There was just so many things going on/to do during that week itself. It was also the first time I had to bring my school work along to camp to complete just because we didn't had any time to touch them during project submission week and MST week. And not to mention YF camp was just right after MST week. I was literally typing away every single night that I was away in camp, from usually 12 till 2. Mainly because dorm fellowship till 1130, and by the time I am done with wash up and actually settle down to start typing, it'll be around 12. Can't go any later than 2 because morning devotion the next day at 815.

Even though it was the first time I had to do school work in camp instead of sleeping when I technically should every single night of the camp, I still thank God that He saw me through it and gave me the strength for the camp, and to finish the report. And really thankful I was able to finish my report on the afternoon of Friday because there was siesta then, if not it would have been terrible because we had night devotion all the way till 1150 that night, should I have followed my usual routine of starting on my report after we were done for the day. And submission deadline was 19 December, 2359.


God works in mysterious ways and you can never fully see till you've walked the path and look back. But that is also because He wants us to walk with Him, by faith and not by sight. For without faith it is impossible to please him”.

Also glad to have made new friends and catch up with old ones, or even to get to know people I would actually classify them as hi-bye friends better! Made an effort to talk to the more senior YFers and younger teens this camp. Got to know Rachel, Claire, Ruth, Lekyou, Raph, Weiern and Gordon a (little) better. It's actually kind of funny though, cause I don't know why I am kind of always seem to feel awkward having conversations with Weiern. But we have had less awkward conversations this camp. I'm sorry, awkward turtle since 1997 maybe. HAHAHAHA. Then I've made new friends like Ebony and Lemuel. Definitely caught up with Hannah, Gracia and Luke this camp. Miss them so much.

Truly the best place to be at, is to be found only at where you're doing His will.

No comments: