Friday, December 5, 2014

Facial products from China?!

So a few weeks ago, it was 11th November and there were many crazy sales going on, especially from those China sites. YEAH, I'M TALKING ABOUT TAOBAO. HAHAHA. Knew about this because they were playing those annoying un-skippable advertisement videos when I was watching my youtube videos.

So since this sales had up to 90% discount, it was a given I had to purchase some stuffs right? Hehehehe. So there was this store on Taobao that I had my eyes on some of their products for quite a period of time already but I didn't really purchase before because if you don't already know I am actually on this major saving spree(?) so that I could splurge at China during my overseas internship next year. But since there was this 11/11 sales, and products were up to 50-70% off, so I HAD to get them.

And surprise, surprise, a pleasant surprise. The parcel arrived at my doorstep today. Well you know, that small joy that you get when you receive a parcel... But then again, a good way to conclude my last school week of the year. And feels like it's a little cheer for me to press on for MSTs which will happen next Monday.


Parcel in courtesy of 65daigou. Good service I would say! Insurance and SMS services to notify you when the parcel will be delivered.


The actual parcel though. Cause I got 65daigou to ship to Singapore for me.


Elated and eggcited is I.


The actual stuffs that I bought were actually just the lip balm and the eye cream. The rest were all freebies.

So addressing the concern of many of my friends, they think that any facial products coming in from China isn't very safe to use. No doubt, it was one of my worry too. But then the owner of this shop is some high profile public figure and I've seen how he does his business through his promotions and lucky draws. He's earning so much that he can afford to give out lucky draw prizes like iPhone 6 plus. And it's not just one phone one time. It is at least a good 10 to 60 phones at once. If you watch 非常完美 you would probably know this guy called 吴大伟, or David Woo if you'd like it in English.

Facial products from China? But in actual fact, it is actually Korean imported. Honestly, I convinced myself that the product should be safe for consumption because if there were to be any problem, he wouldn't have such overwhelming positive reviews. While some may argue that most of the reviews may not be truthful, but ultimately, since the boss is a public figure (yes, he has his own fan base), if there'd be any problems with his products, there would be negative news about the things he sells. But the fact that I don't see any bad news, means it should be more or less okay to use. Anyway, the products under this skin care line has been approved by the government in China, so technically it's 100% safe for the Chinese to use. And if they are using it, I don't see why we can't use it. (If that gave you that little bit more of security.)

So this 11/11 sales gave me a very good excuse to purchase a few of his products and to test it out. Got the lip balm + eye cream at SGD17 when usual price was SGD54. Yes, what a good buy right? I mean, if the product really has problem, the most it'll just be a $17 off loss for me. And I think that's reasonably okay for things like facial products.



So far I'm loving the lip balm. It mainly consists of rose oil, vitamin E and avocado oil. And I absolutely love how the lip balm gives off a subtle rose scent. It feels different for other lip balms because I could significantly feel that my lips are soft after using the lip balm. But the other lip balms I've used previously just prevents my lips from being further chapped. I don't actually feel my lips being moisturised by the latter.

And then we come to the never ending problem of my 1kg eye bags and dark eye circles... When people tell me it's because of the lack of sleep... I really what to just box their faces cause they don't understand how even when I sleep at 11, I still wake up with puffy eyes that would last with me throughout the day. So I'd be willing to try out any kind of miracle cream that would just help my eye bags disappear (even though I've sort of given up hope on that but it always never hurt to try discerningly right?).



So it's just only the first night and hopefully I'll be diligent on my part and apply it every night (and day if possible). It's quite interesting though, to see that it contains things I've not seen in other eye creams such as leontopodium and sodium hyaluronate.


And the eye cream even came with this jade massaging stick thing that looks like a fish, usual price SGD8. Feels like those really cheap jades out there. But duh, just for massaging purposes, still want $1000 jade is it? LOL. You're supposed to use both sides of the stick after application of the cream. Thought they could have came in some form of packaging that we could use it there after, like some netting pouch (just like their soap packaging) because this is something that will be touching your face and I don't like it how it just comes as a piece itself, without any form of permanent cover. But then again, I can live with it since it came as a complement gift.

So hopefully I'll be diligent in using this newly bought eye cream and hopefully there'll be visible results, and hopefully I'll remember to do a follow up on this review again. Hehe.


Goodnight!

No comments: