Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A moment.

Hello there! Went out to bugis today in hope of being able to finally find a good pair of shoes that can last me for at least a year as school shoes. The pair that I bought at H&M for $17.90 is giving way soon. The sole is wearing very thin.

Woke up at 820 this morning and finally watched the final for Chinese Idol. Pretty much guessed Li Xiangxiang would win it. Whether it has already been decided internally or not, oh well at least he does fit the title though he may not have the best vocals, visuals or other talents like dancing. I honestly thought that Ivy could win the competition but then when I saw the 8 to top 6 episode I pretty much had a feeling that Li Xiangxiang would get first in this competition. Watched it initially for Huang Xiaoming cause I liked to see his interaction with the other fellow judges but then I slowly got to like a few contestants. They were mainly Xu Minging (but she unfortunately got cut out during the 8 to 6), James (thought he could get into top 4) and Ivy. As usual, whenever watching such singing competitions, I get to know more nice chinese songs. But this program was slightly different from other singing programs, it makes you develop feelings for the contestants unknowingly even if you like them or not. I honestly teared at almost every singer that left the stage from the top 20 onwards (unless that singer really doesn't appeal to me).



Photo taken while I was watching the show and snapchatting Shiying! Caption was "Fringe so short it becomes bangs."


Had The Soup Spoon with Shiying! Was her virgin soup spoon experience so she didn't know what to order and so she told me to order for her. She ended up eating the same thing as me. Tangy Tomato with Basil, half a bowl of Caesar Salad and Ice Lemon Tea!

And so we walked to and fro from Bugis Junction to Bugis Plus back to Bugis Junction then to Bugis Plus yada yada all in all about 3 to 4 times. Looking at all the clothes and shoes. The Vans at Bugis was a disappointment. The smallest shoe size that they had for the design I wanted was a US MEN'S NINE. That would approximately be a US Women's 10.5..? And my feet is actually precisely 5. I can wear a US 5.5, but my sneakers are UK 4 (think if I'm not wrong that converts to a US 6). And it was already 5 soon. But we still decided to make a fast trip to Vivo to hopefully find a pair of Vans.

 
On the way from Outram to Habourfront. The train was rather empty so I sat at the reserved seat. Being the usual Shiying, she never dares to sit at the reserved seat (haiyo those who need it then give up the seat to them also lai de ji right). Then she was like "I must take a photo of you sitting on the reserved seat. Me giving a (hopefully) cheeky face.
 
You have no idea how annoying those sales assistants were at the Vivo outlet were. Okay, I understand you were trying to be approachable, outgoing, friendly, erm... being "mischievous" so that we would find you nice and likely buy your products but I honestly think it was too overboard. Totally rolled my eyes at their attempt trying to impress us with their lameness/outgoing-ness/seemed more like uncultured-ness. HAHAHAH. Sorry really couldn't help it. Even Shiying the kind couldn't stand them too.
 
Was however happy that I finally got a pair of Vans. They call the colour Fig/Marshmellow. I say who cares, it's maroon, period.
 
 
我們都是  一邊珍惜著過去
一邊努力地  奔向未來

No comments: