Saturday, December 17, 2011

Recharged and ready to go!

HELLO PEOPLE! I'M OFFICALLY BACK FROM ALL MY HOLIDAYS CAMPS WHATNOTS! No more travelling or sleeping outside already! Staying at home permernantly. Just came back from church camp!

Truely every church camp has been really a blessing and it has recharged me to go even further. This camp was really different because the number of unbelievers were really a lot as compared to the previous camps. Through this camp not only have I been strengthen spiritually, I've made a lot of new close friends. I got to know more people. And they were all awesome in their own ways.

All the while I've been calling Ian BFF BFF BFF but I wasn't really close to him. Engaging in a long conversation with him seemed hard. But through this camp I guess we got closer! HAHAHA I guess like we'll sit in the same table at least one meal everyday. Okay, partially cause there were only three sec 3 girls who attended the camp and half way through Joanne had to go home cause she was sick and then it became two sec 3 girls. It wasn't awkward being with him anymore.

Next one would probably be Jon..? Maybe. Got the chance to sit down and talk to him quite often. From aquaintance, I guess we became friends :) Yeah, And Gabriel too. He is so funny. Those two with probably the ugliest handwritings in camp. Got them to write as neatly as possible. -power of HUIEN- :P Yep yep and Joel chan. HAHAHA another guy that I got to see his other side during this camp. Another funny guy.

Then the cheong sisters. Well yeah, they're easy to talk to, but being close to them is another thing. This camp, joelle was in my group, so we had all the time in camp to ka chaiu each other. As for odelia, I guess it was through comm that brought us closer..? When there were many things she had to do, I'll help her; and likewise when I was super busy, she lightened my load a lot.

And there's this person I can never miss out. JARIUS. HE IS SO FUNNY! Whatever he does its just soooooo funny! During water games he tried to pour/splash a bucket full of water on me but I guess he probably overestimated my height..? Instead of hitting me, the water just ended up flowing directly in front of me. HAHAHAH SO FAIL. BUT FUNNY.

And then there were the juniors that I talked to like Isaac, Jeanon and SengLee.

Oh ya! STILL HAVE KAISHUIN AND KENNY! Probably had like a decent conversation with kaishuin only during this camp when I've actually known him two years back. And  then there's kenny who's A DECADE OLDER THAN ME. Spent the last night talking with foonghui, hannah, kaishuin, kenny and william. And I got to see another side of Kenny.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST. Think this camp has brought me A LOT closer to Hannah. Like seriously. Well during normal Sundays we barely have 2-3h to see each other and then its bye bye. But this camp, we saw each other almost EVERY SINGLE HOUR. And practically did almost everything together. In such circumstances, HOW CAN WE NOT BE CLOSER??

Thank God so much that this camp has really showed me the providence of God. During outing day at sentosa, while everyone was making way there, it was drizzling. And as sis Irene gave us exhaltation, the rain got heavier and heavier. And it looked like those kind of rain which would never stop raining. And I was like "Oh dear oh dear, how how?? If we came here just to see the rain and not touch sand then it would be like letting down the rest of the campers" But I then I told myself that I've done all the preperations already and it was my best. I guess I'll just leave the rest to the Lord and have faith. And true enough, after the closing prayer by sis Irene, the rain has stopped. And we could play! How wonderful and merciful the Lord is. Honestly, I really don't understand how can people not believe that a great God like Him exist.

I still feel I don't look like me at all in photos without braces. My mouth looks so... Empty.



No comments: