Wednesday, August 10, 2011

At peace.

Well I kinda have a bit of a mixed feelings now. So firstly shall yabble about 8th August where the school celebrated National Day..? Kinda wasted 4 hours of our time listening to speeches and prize presentation. Really did almost nothing. Went to vivo to watch Zookeeper. Well maybe it was for the better. Really don't like the feeling of seeing juniors everywhere in JP where we initially wanted to go to. And furthermore JP would be super boring to go since we go there almost EVERY WEEK, or rather, after EVERY school events. Last thing that I'd like going to vivo after all those reasons that is it's near my house :) Super duper convienent. I can still take a bus home with YuanShan! :)





Then next would be National Day, 9 August. Had kite flying day, but lesser people came this year. Flew kite for the first time in my whole life as far as my memory serves me. Super successful. It flew so high right away Esther & Ern-wei were so jealous :P

Mine is towards the right. The other was Luke's.

While others were in the celebratory mood watching NDP, I was watching suju's EHB. LOL. But I could see everyone still so supportive even in twitter.

SHARON AU IN A HEARTBEAT WATCHING NDP GURMIT SINGH ALL TRENDING! SINGAPORE FTW!

Well this would be President SR Nathan's last National Day Parade as the Head of States. For the past 12 years of my life, and that would be even since I started school as a kindergarten toddler, his photo was hung everywhere. It would really get me awhile to get use to the new photo that is gonna be changed to this coming end-of-august. He's last words being "The sun will rise, the sun will set, I will still see you. All good things must end some day. I take it in my stride." Really make me respect him."I hope they will always be conscious of the message of this National Day. That we are in a continuous relay. There's no end to it. We have to keep on striving, that's the nature of our life."

Today? Grandfather passed away 6.30am in the morning. The first thing that hit me was, pray. And when I prayed, I thanked God for bringing him home. Sub-consciously. Yes, I was sad. I did cry. But I experienced this peace that passeth all understanding. I thanked God for the peace, the mercy, the sustenance, the comfort and the love He had blessed grandfather with all his life. Even though at times he'll feel very useless because he is visually impaired and frail in being, even though as grandchildren we neglected him, even though the outer man grows weaker and weaker in time, God never did forsake him.

Probably the lesson during June camp where we walked in the cemetry did I forget. Death has once again never felt so real. The day before while visiting him, he still seemed fine and his condition had improved. But bam and this morning he had a really high fever, and the Lord took him. I never knew that it would be the last time calling him and I've always took it for granted that he's condition would improve and I would see him at home again. But thank God he passed away peacefully.

Many thoughts came acrossed my mind but this particular verse was suddenly remembered.
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew6:33-34

Really, we don't know when our lifes are gonna end. We can never take for granted being young and all healthy, we'll live a ripe old age; being technologically advance, almost all illnesses can be cured.
"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vaniseth away." -James4:14
Life is really fragile and I guess, the message brought acrossed to me today is to live life to the fullest for Christ, as if there's no tomorrow because you really don't know when your time's up. The following verse of James 4:14 goes "For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."

I'm honestly not all emo-wrist-cutty-whatever over the passing away of my grandfather. I'm just sad , that's all. But I'm fine. I'll remember grandfather always by that caring person who put up with the very mischevious little me when I was very young. Because he had fought a good fight, he had finished his course, he had kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for him a crown of righteousness which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give him at that day. The Lord had remembered him and has put an end to all his earthly sufferings which his outer being cause him.

I hope I can keep up to this; Praise the Lord for his abundant mercy, and till He comes, I'll serve Him wholeheartedly, stedfastly and faithfully.

No comments: