Saturday, September 21, 2013

괜찮을 것이다... 맞죠?

Hello there! Have been wanting to type in an entry ever since Monday but then the thought of just typing a wordy post and not uploading any pictures deterred me. While looking through my previous blog entries, as of this year, I realised that I really haven't been posting a lot of entries this year. And then a thought came to my mind: "Who cares if I don't have any pictures to upload of my blog. All these years of blogging I haven't been uploading a lot of pictures too. It's just that recently I've got a lot of pictures on hand, which explains the many pictures that I have been uploading on my blog."

So with that thought in mind, I gathered whatever energy, strength, and sanity left of me to type this post. I'm not sure if it's gonna be a short of lengthy one because although I'm gonna type out my thoughts through the days, I'm pretty sure that I'll start to get lazy and use a sentence to sum up a day. Things like these still happen.

Shall start with YF retreat that happened from Friday to Saturday. As mention in the previous post that I'd be going over to church and stay over for the retreat. However, there were major change of plans. Firstly, papa said that he would fetch me to church after the dinner. Then he said to wait for brother so we could go together. BUT. By the time brother reached home, it was already 830. Night activity (or object lesson) was from 8 to 9. So Both of us concluded that it wouldn't be any point to go church then cause after object lessons would just be wash up, dorm fellowship then lights out. So we decided to join them from the second day onwards.

Saturday (14/09)
Was rather nervous ever since the morning because I was gonna chair in the afternoon. Took 51 with brother and it was breakfast time for them when we reached. Kept praying for wisdom to choose the right songs and for forgiveness and asked the Lord to give me the strength to chair well, strip me of all pride and lastly, may all be blessed through my chairing. Songs I've ultimately chosen were: Where your heart is, Draw me nearer, Make me a stranger, I am resolved and closing with the song May the Lord find us faithful. Even after the message, I hear people humming the tunes to the songs that I've picked out. Really thank God that people have been blessed by the singing of those songs, that it may help them meditate better on His word.

Sunday (15/09)
Bro Michael was in charge of singspiration. We sang this song Here is Love. The tune of this hymn(..?) got stuck in my head for the whole day and actually a few days more. Found out it was originally in Welsh. Wow, interesting. It was a really peaceful comforting and assuring hymm. Then the last song for singspiration was May the Lord find us faithful. I don't know but I really felt warm when I sang the song again then after singing it just the day before. Saw all three of them. Teehee.

Monday-Thursday (16/09-19/09)
Monday was papa's official birthday! But since I woke up at like 11+, called him after I had lunch (which was 12+) to wish him a Blessed Birthday! Well usually on the 16 of Septembers my whole life, I've got school. So I'll wish him in the morning during breakie.

As usual, due to my messed up body clock, I was still wide awake at 12, which was officially Tuesday but it was still a Monday for me. Tuesday means results day! Class whatsapp group went crazy. Amusing how everyone was reporting their gpa cause they were mainly complaining about how discontented they were about their gpa. And suddenly every sp students stated getting reeeally active in Twitter. Decided I should sleep first before viewing my results because I would either be too sad to sleep or too ecstatic to sleep. Either way is disadvantageous for me. And furthermore, if I were to be happy about my results, I couldn't immediately share my joy with my parents cause whole house sleep already. Hais. But thanks to the decision that I made, I managed to get a good night's rest. And I was surprisingly not nervous nor anxious to know my results. But it could be cause I've been praying about it and asking the Lord to grant me contentment for results no matter what it may be.

Naturally woke up at 9 on Tuesday. May be too excited to know my results already. REEEEALLY HAPPY WITH MY RESULT. Okay though I thought I could have done better. But nonetheless. Econs was really a shocker. Had to get 92 for the written paper if I was even dreaming of an A cause I apparently messed up my term 1 written paper and project. BUT I GOT AN A. Maybe the lecturer gave me higher participation marks, maybe to get an A got lower. BUT I STILL GOT AN A. Really prayed and prayed for God to give me strength and helped me do my best for Econs. On the other hand, I guess I relied too much on my own strength for FOM with explains a substandard result for FOM. Though I was aiming for a perfect 4 if not at least an 3.9 but I was still really glad with my results. But still, may all the glory go to God for without him, how are such results even possible! Ran around the house and shared my joy with mummy and popo. Then I texted papa. Too lazy to screenshot his reply but he replied "Well done! My dear girl. Keep it up all the way to university. Papa" Hmmm... Apparently from casual conversations with my friends, I realised that parents (or people who are at least 50 and above) love to sign off their SMSes with their names.

Well, for these 4 days, I practically did nothing much except for watching dramas, rotting at home, eating, watching more dramas not possible cause I've ran out of good dramas to watch on Wednesday or so, more rotting at home, more eating.

Friday (20/09)
Couldn't really sleep nor get a good night's rest. Flipped around my bed till (I'm quite positive) around 2 before I slept. Then woke up again cause it was cold at around 4-5 so I switched off my air con and went back to bed. Have difficulty getting back to sleep. But then I somehow managed to sleep till 8 before I got rudely awoken by my alarm clock. Was having a really nice dream then.
Heh heh. Dreamt that he wanted to talk to me and we finally talked for the first time. Like actually have a conversation.

Was late for Acer dance practice together with Shaowen and Dean. I was actually on time for our pior meeting time at 915 and early for the supposed meeting time for Acer at 930. But both Shaowen and Dean were super duper late. Didn't wanna go there alone cause I didn't know anyone there. So I just decided I should wait for them at buona. When either of them are reaching dover in 5 minutes, I'll board the next train.

Was quite awkward at first but then they were a bunch of fun(ny) people. Had fun during the practice!

Went to union for awhile with Dean for him to settle some of his business. Valerie was there so she taught me how to use the forms that Finance department would be using and she gave me a bracelet telling me it's from her and daddy! Thank you!! It's really really preddy and why I like it soooo much is that I FINALLY FOUND/HAVE A BRACELET THAT FITS NICELY ON MY WRIST.

Headed to JP to have lunch at Pizza Hut. WOOOO. Loved it, anytime. :) Then Dean went off to his neighbour's house to teach her poa. Shaowen and I went around JP since it has been soooooo long since we last set foot at JP! Finally used my Makeshake voucher. People either said it is reallyyyyyy good or it is reallyyyyyy bad. My take? Okay lah. Just that it was really annoying at times to suck the ice cream up the straw.

Went to this like beads shop(..?) and with that, Shaowen sparked an interest in me making braclets. Cause the ones we see outside are really really preddy but really really expensive. She convinced me that making a preddy preddy bracelet is possible. I just have to be really really patient. So I bought  some materials and hopefully start making them like next week or so.

Went to vivo and had dinner with Imran, Syazwan, WeiZhang, Glendon, Aravin and Shaowen.

Saturday (21/09)
And so we finally reached today! Woke up early in the morning again so to go for YF outing this morning. Was kind of a little disappointed to see so little people at clementi at first. Cause meet at 10 at Clementi, or 1040 at Rail Mall for those staying closer (or who knew how to go there I guess). Those that I thought who would go weren't at Clementi. But then saw them at Rail Mall when we reached. So... Ah. Hi there. You came. :)

Went to Rail Mall via 154! About 5-6 stations of object lessons. But it was somehow fun and enjoyable although I perspired A LOT and got bitten by mosquitoes A LOT and got bitten by big black ants A LOT too. But I thought it was worth it. Yep, even as I typed this blog post I'm scratching my first knuckle on my right fist. Actually pior to today, I've already gotten 8 mosquito bites on Wednesday or Thursday (I forgot) and they still have yet to subside. And due to wandering around really grassy areas I would call them jungle, I've gotten myself an additional 5 mosquito bites. URGHHHHH. Scratch scratch scratch...

Lunched at Koufu, ate Kou Kay Yong Tau Foo. YAY! Bused home on a 176 with Vanessa. As if going down memory lane once more, recalling all those times studying at Commonwealth. :')

OKAY. Didn't expect it to be THAT long. Goodnight guys.

No comments: