Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Old time classics.

HELLO FRIENDS. Today was SP open house to the secondary school students. Had stats in the morning. Could have been on time but the tap out machines at Dover greeted me with a "Please try again". OHHHH MY GOSHHHH. Had to walk all the way to Customer Service Area (if I remember the name correctly...) and then go all the way back to the queue cause I don't wanna get judged by cutting queue. Wasted 5 minutes there I think cause every 1min there was an incoming train. CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW LONG THE QUEUE TO TAP OUT WAS AND I HAD TO REJOIN THE QUEUE.

So had Stats lab, then Econs tutorial and was pleasantly surprised with a cancelled Stats lecture. Hip hip hooray! Although I was outwardly complaining on how I finally brought my Stats lecture notes and Mr Robert had to cancel his lecture, but no students can deny the inward and pure little joy when they hear their lessons being cancelled rightttt. HAHAHAHA.

So had a two hours break before PACC. Installed Realtimme onto my comp before heading to the SPICE Centre at T21 to fix my computer. This weird problem whereby there wasn't the desktop title in the start screen and I also couldn't customise my laptop. This T21 spice centre guy that was there when I installed my SPSS the very first time and also the T17 guy was there too idk why. He was the one who helped me download my SPSS the second time. HAHAHA. So it turned out my laptop had some issues that required a full reset.

So as previously mentioned, it was SP unofficial open house. There was a performance at T21 foyer. And one of the songs the performer sang was Forever Love. And the T17 and T21 guys were totally singing out loud along with the performer outside. So when the performance was over, the T17 guy started to play his own songs in the SPICE Centre. First song in the playlist that was played was Kiss Goodbye I still remember. HAHAHA. Then it was like a WHOLE LIST OF OLD CHINESE SONGS. MUAHAHAH. My favourite I likey. ;) If you think Kiss Goodbye is old enough, you have not heard older songs that he played. There was like 夜来香,给我一杯忘情水,吻别,至少还有你,爱上一个不回家的人,征服 and many other older Chinese songs. But I was totally humming along with all the songs played! HAHAHA. Cause I've heard those old old songs (like those that existed even before I was born) playing of papa's car since young. And the not-so-old old songs, they're pretty much classics and any cpop music listener should know them.

But cause I didn't bring my charger along, my laptop died in the end and I'm left with SPSS and Realtimme to install. Haishies, need to get the Realtimme installer from Mr Hoh again. So burden...

Went over to the auditorium to find Aravin and was introduced to a bunch of kids from GESS. And one of them was Lin's sister! Woah! So cool! Chatted from 4+ all the way till 6. Okay still trying to get used to talking to new people comfortably. There was a moment of awkward silence when Aravin and Max left me alone with them. Almost died. But Anston (I think... he was one of the students from GESS) tried to make an effort to talk to me. Thanks. HAHAHAH. Thankfully they came back soon enough though.

Open House duty on Friday guys! See you all there! ^o^

No comments: