Monday, January 9, 2012

Let's start from zero all over again.

Ya ya, everyone has been harping on the O Levels thingy. Got back my results, B3. In the beginning I was like super disappointed. I mean, I've been taking HCL for 6 years and they suddenly want me to drop? A bit bu she de. Then I was on the bus, homing and I took a deep thought; should I insist on HCL or just drop it and get a better score for CL? Reached home and thought my parents would be like diappointed, but nooo. They were... er... normal..? LOL. Okay probably they thought their daughter couldn't do that well anyway ._. ah but whatever. Then they asked me so how? Want drop or continue. Like it was totally up to me to choose! I mean like, for other students, as far as all my friends are concerned, most of the structure of their education is actually 'controlled' by their parents. In that sense, whatever they wanna do they gotta discuss with their parents. But for me, my parents were waiting for me to decide on what to do.

And in the end, I decided and was convinced that okay, I shall drop HCL. I'll go retake my CL and make sure I get an A1 this May. If I cling on to HCL, then I'll have to live with the blemish of a B3 in Chinese and I may not be able to pass my HCL and get my minus 2. Furthermore, it's more likely for me to enter poly, so the minus 2 from HCL won't actually be of use. The other reason why I don't wanna drop HCL is because if half way through I feel like entering jc, the minus 2 from HCL will be of help. And then again, seeing a lot of my seniors in school today recieveing their results, seeing them getting such good scores even with HCL makes me think, hey! I won't die even if I don't take HCL! And then when I was back at home, mummy told me the horrors of how she think I won't survive the strainous accadamic based syllabus in jc and I was like hmmmm... Ya, maybe it's wise for me to not go jc at all.

Yes, honestly, I do feel sad okay. Like I'll be lying if I said I wasn't. I mean, look at twitter and facebook, so many sec 4 HCL talking about how well they did, A1s and 2s blah blah blah as if they wanted to rub it in my face like that. But trust me, I positive that I'm the most positive out of all the candidates who got B3 for their Os. Why? Because I know that God's will is best for me and what he wants me to do, where he wants me to be is the best place to be in. Well yeah I didn't work hard for this exam, just reading through a lot like few days before it, but if it is his will for me to drop it, I guess I will. It's not like the end of the world or something that I have to drop HCL, just give me time to get over this, I'll be fine in a few days :)

A little confession; I have not been really do anything this whole week although I've been telling everyone I was busy with all the overdue holiday homework and tuitions. Yeah, I tried doing them, but I always ended up procrastinating and then ultimately I decided since I couldn't get myself to do homework, I'll just do something else instead. I watched 공부의 신; Master of Studies.

I was left with 2 more episodes which I've finished up today. Spent about 3-4 days watching it. At first, I watched it cause of this handsome guy:


And then as the drama slowly progessed, I realised another handsome guy:


And I also realised Ji Yeon is a really good actor. Okay, but back on a serious note, slowly, it started to motivate me. The reason why my results are like crap cause I'm not doing anything. Right, I did attempt to study for biology last year, but it was kind of done half-heartedly. I guess I thought by "studying" for it, I count at least account for "not doing anything about my studies" if I did badly in it. But the fact was, I believe I didn't give my best. In between while touching bio, I was actually on youtube wondering everywhere.

This drama was not those kind of extreme sad sad sad to the max cause it didn't really make me cry except for one small part of it, but it was a more of a touching moment, quite different from other dramas that I've cried about like misunderstandings or over some grievances a particually character is suffering from in the drama. The drama makes you think about how the characters started outby working so hard although they thought/know that they won't be able to make it but they still wanted to struggle through it. They wanted to fight before they even give up and run away. I must say they've really been an encouragement to me.


I really love the cast a lot! Great cast! :D


Let's start the race! :)

No comments: