Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 4: Your first Taiwanese Drama?

Well my first Taiwanese Drama was Miss No Good as aforementioned in Day One. So I shall change the question slightly. Day Four: What was the first drama that made me start this habit of watching dramas? And it is also a Taiwanese drama. The drama that made me develop this habit and love for watching dramas was Hi My Sweetheart (海派甜心). It was also the second drama that I've watched.


I remember how it was still airing halfway in the start of 2010 and all my friends went crazy about this drama. And when they finally persuaded me that it was a really, really nice drama, I decided to watch it. Thankfully, when I was convinced, the drama was about to finish airing. So throughout the course of watching this drama, I didn't had to go through the agony of waiting for every single episodes every single week.


The starting was really funny. Like... laugh till I teared. How ignonrant yet innocent XueHai (played by Show Luo) was. But I had to admit that I've grown really weary how XueHai looked with his mushroom head at episode 3 going 4. I thought that he would finally change into the handsome XueHai in episode 5 but no, he didn't. So I kind of skipped quite a lot of parts in episode 5 and 6 till the handsome XueHai finally entered the scene.


This was the drama that got me fangirling over Show Luo. And he's the second I've ever liked. First was Cole Sprouse. But because of this drama, I've started to like Show Luo like, a lot.


This drama also made me teared so much. So much, I repeat. Ever since XueHai realised that he still couldn't forget BaoZhu, I teared at almost every episodes. I bet everytime while watching this drama and tearing, my brother who would also be in the room be thinking "Seriously.......?" But the drama was so touching and heartwrenching towards the end that made me cry till my nose went blocked some times.



One of most memorable scenes for me would be where XueHai was stuck in the building on fire with BaoZhu. In order to save BaoZhu, one of his legs got stuck and he couldn't escape. And he said the most touching lines ever: “不管我是大浪还是薛海,我永远都是爱你的大笨蛋。” Instantaneously, tears just flowed down my eyes like they were free.



 
And so the drama ended up with the mushroom headed XueHai. It's like telling viewers no matter how complicated your life is, how many ups and downs you'll experience, how far you've gone, you will still return to the beginning, to where your home is. That's because that's where your heart is. 回到原点的感觉。

Loved every single OST of the drama too.

And so yep, the first ever drama that got me to love watching drama: Hi My Sweetheart.

Here to see other days.

No comments: