Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 5: Your all time favorite Asian Drama?

Hello! Hope to finish this post before it hits 12 cause I need to really get myself in bed by 1 today. School starts at 8 tomorrow like sighhhh. Alright, down to Day 5's challenge: My all time favourite Asian Drama? I guess I'll give it to Skip Beat! — Extravagant Challenge (華麗的挑戰).


In all honesty, I wouldn't say that it was a 100 points drama that was really perfect, nor did it set the hallmark for other dramas. But you can't deny the fact that promotions were so well-done for this drama that it was one of the most anticipated dramas in 2011. And I'm going to be a little baised here and say it up right in front right now that the bulk of the reason why this is my all time favourite Asian Drama is because it has Donghae in it. LIKA AWH YEAH. And espeically I watched this drama during the period while I really liked Donghae. Any less reasons why not to love this drama?

Well although I'm not as crazy about him as I used to be (though I still like him!), but I would still occasionally watch this drama once in a really long while and still feel good after completing it. As I've mentioned this in my previous entries in fact quite a number of times already that because it aired on a Sunday, the video would only be up on net on a Monday. So I would look forward to every Monday just to watch the next episode so much so that it would drive all Monday Blues away. All, I repeat. And every preview of the next episode never fail to keep am anticipated for the next one.

I thought Gongxi (played by Ivy Chen) was prettiest when she had her long hair and cutest when she had that short hair that kept flipping. Her hair towards the end of the episode was just... Sorry, I think I'm personally really against hair that's so short till you can spike it up for girls.

Well you see, because after ever Monday comes another dreadful week of waiting for the next episode, I actually went to watch the anime of Skip Beat! And man, I got to say that Fuwa Shō was a really annoying brat and so hateful! The moment when he dumped Kyoko... Saddest part ever. And I really liked the hero, Tsugura Ren, who helped Kyoko so much. Oh, Kyoko = Gongxi. Fuwa Shō = Bupo Shang (played by Donghae in Live Action). Ren = Dehe Lian (played by Siwon). HOWEVER, being the biased Donghae that I am, how can I bring myself to dislike Donghae in the drama?! And he was reeeeeally cute at some point in the drama.


I mean like, come on.... How can someone bring themself to dislike him??? HAHAHAH!

One thing I really liked about the drama was that they really brought out what was in the manga. All the effects. The way the exaggerated all of them which made it look like the manga came to live. Although some may argue that the drama wasn't a very realistic one. But it's a live action after all. That means making the manga alive! Good job there, production team! And you could really feel the extravagance in the drama when the CEO of the company Gongxi signed on to appears.

Though I'm not Siwon biased, but being the typical audience that I am, I always like the good guy. :P

It's been 2 years since this drama aired... And I still can't stop hoping for a second series. As mentioned a little here and here and here. Included how I feel that they can further develop the plot in a second sequel in the secon link.

A photo collage to look through all those captured moments and take a while to relive those days while anxiously waiting for the next exciting episode.



Here to see other days.

No comments: