Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day 7: Your favorite Japanese Drama?

My favourite Japanese Drama has definiately got to be Detective Conan: Live Action! No doubt about it. I just looooooove Detective Conan so much. And furthermore, I don't watch a lot of Japanese Dramas, so today's challenge wasn't that hard to pick out a drama.

So I remember watching it on Kids Central (now Okto) every Saturday in the late morning with my brother after I return home from Chinese tuition. Think I was very much around p3-p4..? And I enjoyed every episode of the anime. However, I didn't know the name of this anime till very much later in sec 3 when one of my seniors was asking me about anime and I told him I really enjoy watching this anime that has a child detective and he told me it was Detective Conan! And it was only then that I realised I could actually watch the drama online and not be sad anymore about how they don't air it on the television anywhere anymore.

Well, watching the anime was kind of an off and on thing cause when I've got nothing to watch, I'll watch this anime. But when new dramas air, I'll stop watching the anime and watch my dramas. So while continuing to watch the anime in sec 4, one of the live action videos came up in the suggested column. But it was the movie live action. And there they starred Oguri Shun as Kudo Shinichi. And I guess with him as the actor, it did helped to pique a considerable amount of interest from me. After all, he starred as lead in the first Jap drama I've ever watched. So, I'm done with six of the dramas. Now what? OH HEY I REALISED THEY FILMED TV SERIES. You had nooooo idea how overjoyed I was when I realised they got the Tv Series for their Live Action!!

So we saw Oguri Shun rocking the screen in the first and second season of the drama live action series. However, he declined anymore roles ever since the second season. So I heard that it was because he was getting married and getting older too and it's time for him to do some adjustments and maturing his image. So since then, he has declined all roles for him to act as a high schooler. And sadly, that included the filming of Detective Conan.

And then here comes the third season of the drama live action. Who to take over such wonderful legacy left behind? Junpei Mizobaata was the perfect choice. He pulled off the high schooler looks sooooo well and he injected the right amount of humor with his delieverance of exaggerations from the orignal anime. This was the drama that made me like Junpei Mizobata a lot till I went fishing up for his past works. But sadly not a lot of his past dramas/films are readily available with English Subs... -sobs- And I thought that the new cast was really refreshing. Yes, the old cast had a lot of skills and experiences since they did 6 movies and 2 tv series. However, the new cast had fresh faces, they were more convincing as high schoolers and they're acting weren't too shabby either.


Think this promotional poster is for the fourth tv series. See, they look good right? Hehehe.


And as I was saying, his way of delievering humor with anime-style. Stupid/retarded but really cute and funny exaggerated facial expressions. But he's really handsome too when they shoot his seriousface whilehe tries to figure out a case.


Okay, these two cute lil kids don't appear in the drama, they appear in the movies. This particular picture was snapped when they were filming when Orguri Shun was still playing as Kudo Shinichi. But though they didn't appear in the drama, they're still part of the essence that make up Dective Conan. Right? :) Too cute. Hehehe.

So yep, there goes for you, my favourite Japanese drama. Shall end off with this favourite, familiar and well-known quote from the drama:

 
There is always just one truth!

Here to see other days.

No comments: